Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WANTING FLAIR LIKE MARY BLAIR'S

*siiiigh*



Oh, to be an artistic genius like Mary Blair.





*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhh*




It's no wonder that my favorite Disney movies are the ones she was staffed on, usually as either the art/color director or the conceptual artist!
In my favorite movie, Alice in Wonderland, the White Rabbit's house is even modeled after Mary's head and hair-do!





I love my Mary Blair BOOK, by the way!!! Everyone should own it.


If you don't know her by name, but her work looks familiar, you've most likely seen it first hand at Disneyland's it's a small world, through which she created the ride's conceptual paintings, characters and artwork. She also designed a couple murals that USED to be up in Tomorrowland.



Man, her art is so appealing. I felt like studying some of her pieces and decided to make drawings of my own. Witness the horror of someone trying super hard to be Mary Blair! (it ain't easy, folks)



OH, and while I'm completely plagiarizing other people's styles-
Ben, over at his blog, has the cutest character!! A little girl mink named Jo Minkus, and I decided to make some fan art! I hope I did them a little justice. Nevertheless, go check out his stuff!

2 comments:

Benjamin Anders said...

Wow! Thank you so much! I love them :D

It's nice to see that you like my character. Do you want to see more of the character? Like the cartoon idea or other characters.

Kali Fontecchio said...

Yup she's a goddamn genius. DAMN HER.