Friday, December 3, 2010

In Heaven, Everything Is Fine

Hey! As you might know we are on the very cusp of the release of Bacon Strips. A few finishing touches to the website is all we're waiting on, and then it's launching time. But until then I've got other fun stuff to share!

Here's something just completed- my very first TV commercial! This has been drawn and animated by myself for the past few weeks at my daytime job, and has been produced for Thunder Canyon Brewery restaurant and bar. It was a lot of work, but really fun to make. Stu is voiced by Jack Cusumano, and I voice Al and the martini glass.



Here's something a few friends have done in the past couple months, and I thought it'd be fun to try and make one for myself. So, if you ever wanted to know the main ingredients that go into what compiles the creative side of my brain, look no further than the contents of the map below.

A quick Skarfy doodle, done for a coworker. This now hangs on her office bulletin board!


And lastly, this is a short video made for my #1 Budzone, Kali! It's the 300th post over on her blog. Go and show her some love!

This video features Molly and Carl Johnson, Jack Cusumano, Casey Wills and myself. Plus a special vocal appearance by Eric Bauza as the announcer!




10 comments:

Kali Fontecchio said...

SO FUCKING COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I love your cartoon voices duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333

You and Jack are a great duo by the way! MORE, I want MORE!

Tim said...

Nice work on the videos. Sounds like you sampled some Eraserhead audio for Kali's video.

Shawn Dickinson said...

Nico, your awesomeness is friggin' outstanding!

Workshop Cooker said...

Love that commercial. Keep up the good work budzone

MrGoodson2 said...

All the fake commercials has you really prepared for the big bucks doing the real thing.

yawn said...

that was to funny!

Nico said...

Thanks everyone! Your kind words mean a lot to me. :)

Molly said...

I love the commercial, you and Jack did a great job! Way more fun to watch than most local commercials.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the Kali Blog video, it was a lot of fun!

Nico said...

Thank YOU, Molls!

Tim: VERY observant! I'd say you'd be correct!

J C Roberts said...

Interesting. If I were to put together my own similar influence map, it wouldn't be much different from yours.

I might swap out early Hanna Barbera for Rocco's Modern Life and toss in late 60s underground comics, but otherwise I commend you on a good solid selection there.