Friday, August 7, 2009

THIS ONE'S A SHORTY

So Wells Fargo has this cool feature where you can customize the background of your credit cards. For free!! So a while ago I had these babies made:

Jo the Faux is my debit card, and Kali drew a special Maude Macher for my credit card! How awesome is that??!

Still kinda recuperating from the past week's fun, so not too much for this post today. Callie and I have started this thing lately where we are going back and forth drawing girls for each other. I took a break from the wacom tablet and roughed out a couple kids.

It's been a while since I haven't drawn on the Wacom! I think I need to re-educate myself in how to apply pen to paper. Bleh. Here's some kind of Louise Brooks-ian character. Dancing insecurely?

HEY, everyone check out Ben's blog and buy a beautiful print, like the one below! Don't you want this to be hanging in the sanctity of your bedroom wallspace? I sure do. Click it below to check out his sales and contact him!


Ben and Scott are hitting LA in a couple weeks to visit! We're all so excited!!!!!


Ok, that's all for this time. I give this post 4 out of 5 Jiji heads!

14 comments:

Colter said...

Dude, the credit card art is awesome. I must do this!

Do people ask you about the cartoons on them?

It seems like every time you post your drawings are getting better, and better.

HenriekeG said...

Hey, that's awesome! I tried that a few years back with my bankcard, but they refused the picture because you're not allowed to use copyrighted images. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing they didn't believe it was mine.

Niki said...

Hey Nico! I got new drawin's too but my scanner is at mom's house! I'll post them up soon! I got monsters...

Nico said...

Colter- So far I've only used the Maude card once or twice because I try not to use my credit card that much, but I have gotten MANY clerks (mostly female) at the supermarket, clothing stores and Jamba Juice saying how cute the Jo card is, when I hand it to them. They love Jo!

Henrieke- They had no problem approving the Jo card. Then I made the Maude card and they sent me an automated email thingie saying they didn't approve of copyrighted images! So I just sent it again without changing anything and for some reason they ended up making it the second try. Heh.

I guess if anything that's a compliment to Kali, saying that her artwork looks like copyrighted studio material!

Niki- Cool! Can't wait to see!!

Molly said...

I want to do that so bad! You know I've got the baby sheep picture on my card, but using a cartoon makes it look so professional!

Love the Jiji head feature.

Nico said...

Molly- YES, you and Carl's bankcards are what inspired me to make these!! I should've mentioned that I stole the idea from you guys. Oooooops

btw, I'm glad you like! I will be using the Jiji head rating system at the end of every single one of my posts from here on out!!!!!!!!! (not really)

Jessica said...

This is an adorable way to deal with finances! Love it!

J Cola said...

This is the kinda of thing this recession needs. haha. Credit cards and money makes people sad, but not if they saw these cute drawings.

Economy - fixed.

Kali Fontecchio said...

4 out of 5 Jiji's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. R Darbyshire said...

Hah yes! It was awesome everytime you whipped that puppy out to pay for everyone's meal! Such a cavalier, ye.

Katie said...

Aw! I love the little Louise Brooks-ish girl! She needs a dance cycle! Bop bop bop...shimmy...

Sean Wiig said...

Those credit cards are simply awesome!
Card art. I wonder how that isn't an ultra popular thing. Maybe because the average person can't procure an original card-worthy image of their own.

callie! said...

Yay!! Those credit cards are cool. And I approve of all the arts right here!!

ha ha, you put up the girls!

J C Roberts said...

Those cards are great, I wonder if my bank offers that, all I have are two look-alike cards that I recently mixed up and overdrew the wrong account. I could have avoided that with custom character cards!

Lots of great stuff here! I'm attempting to gain some familiarity with a blog of my own recently. You may find something entertaining. Jimsbo Corner