Sunday, March 15, 2009

IT'S MY BUH-BA-BUH-BIRTHDAY

On this day in 1985, a 26-year old girl in Los Angeles, California was driving to her job at the ABC studios when suddenly her uterus contracted, and within a few long hours, the man people would learn to call "the Where'd the Cheese Go guy" was born.


24 years later, here I am. Writing this blog on the internet. Woo-hoo, I guess!!!! BUT here are some lovely presents I've received from my wonderful friends!! And they're all art-related! Thank you all so, so much. I'll be updating this post as I scan and receive more, so keep checking back!

Jess created this adorable felt bunny for me!!!! Awwwww! Here's a couple photos I took of it:


Let's go MACRO!

Eeee-hee hee! Miss Jess is a crafty little devil indeed. I love Mr. Bun Buns! She took the photo below!:
Molly MADE this Fraggle Rock card out of her own crafts, blood, tears.. OH and talent!! Holy cow!!!!!!

She and Carl also got me a webcam (!) and Harpo Marx's autobiography, Harpo Speaks! SO awesome. On top of THAT, they surprised me this past week with an early birthday cake. You guys, I don't deserve you. You are THAT awesome. Love ya!!

KAAAAAAAAAALIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

This drawing is amazing! Thank you thank you. You are the sweetest girl ever!!!!!! I love yoooooooooou xoxoxoxo!!!!

eeeeeeek

BEN!!!!!! Ben, seriously. Why are you the coolest person on the planet? My mind is blown away by each and every drawing you do, and this special one below is no exception. Words can't express how much I love this. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Katie beat everyone, time-wise, with this text! Thanks for thinking of me, buddy!

Below, we see Adam Nixon as he helps get me in the celebratory mood by posing in a brand new album cover photo with me!!!!

And speaking of music, good ol' David Gemmill created an AWESOME SONG as my present! Right-click and save the link to listen! And make sure you listen to the whole thing... you DON'T WANNA MISS the robot vocals at the end!!!!! Thanks David!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!
My mom got me this nifty set of Coraline dolls from Amazon!!


If you loved or even just liked the movie, BUY THESE! It's nice to see some quality toys being made again. Their faces and clothes are ALL interchangeable, and their wrists, elbows, knees and feet all bend and rotate. This means kickass posing action!!!

Coraline heavily endorses iPods.

Bring on the 'TUDE!!

Also, they are just about the height of the actual Coraline models used in the movie. It's like I got to visit the set and take a couple home with me!! Haha, it's fun to pretend. Either way, I'm definitely gonna have fun taking more photos of these!

Welcome home!

50 cents off of Ralphs canned soup?? HOLY BEJESUS!!!!!

My mom also got me one of my favorite Disney movies, Pinocchio, finally released on DVD. Hooray!!!

Look what my great friend Zach Bellissimo made for me! Damn but if he isn't one talented lil' bugger. HAHA, buck teeth, stink lines, and all! I love this Zach, THANKS MAN!!!!! YOU are very cool.


Here is a very appropriate video gift from my pal
Brian Hanson.



A gift from uber-talented friend Amir Avni! Thanks man, I LOVE this!!!

My pal Redd drew this for me! Ack, I've been officially FURRIED! Hahaha, just kidding. Thanks buddy!

A cartoon from Darby! Thanks duder!


Hmm, what else? Well, last night
John had a BIG party at his house. What could possibly be better on your birthday than...

...hanging with awesome cartoony friends like Eddie Fitzgerald, Jerry Beck.... and Gary Owens. Gary. Owens. Gary "Powdered Toast Man" Owens. Gary "Space Ghost" Owens. Gary "ROGER RAMJET" Owens. A cartoon voice acting legend!! (I took this photo, I wish to heck that I was in it!!)

...having Kali sticking Cheetos up your nose and being happily joined by Shawn Dickinson...

...drinking beer with John, of course...

...and getting so drunk that you put on an old Ren Hoek Halloween mask and scare the crap out of the great Jim Smith.

...AND Kali! BOOYA!


...Not to mention drunk-dialing Ben. Twice.

Wow, what a great birthday!! All I can ask at this point is... what has happened to me?

26 comments:

Ben said...

Happy birthday, again, Nico! It's like the 10th time! Loved the drunk phone calls last night. Though... it was intimidating!

Kali's marker drawing is awesome, I love Molly's fraggle rock card and the Jess' felt bunny!

Hope you had a good night and a great day!

M. R Darbyshire said...

Thanks for spreading the Birthday spirit!


Happy B-day, buddy!

:-)

Tara Billinger said...

This stuff is great! Love everyones gifties and the coraline dolls, I want to get the figure set of all the chars sometime but these are cool too. Happy Birthday Nico!

Molly said...

What I don't understand, is how your head is in that Ren mask. It just looks so small!

Shawn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAL!!!!!!!!

Wow, all the cool stuff and the drawings you got are great! And you got "Harpo Speaks" too! That's my favorite book!

It was TONS o' fun with everyone at John's last night...meeting Gary Owens and listening to all his amazing stories was definitely the highlight of my entire life!!!

I've been nursing a mean hangover all morning though.

Jessica said...

I am glad you enjoy the bunny. The pics are great too. Looks like you are a very loved boy!

bARE-eYED sUN said...

Excellent! happy birthday! great gifts . . . looks like you have many good friends. kudos.


..
.ero

Katie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICO!!!! AGAIN!

BUT

There is also tragedy on this happy day

your mom

got you

the same

present

that

I

did.


CRYYYYYYYYYYYY oh well I will come up with something else!

I hope today is extra fun for you!

Niki said...

Oh man, this was long enough a post to make me dizzy! Good fun mister! But Ren's head looks like it ate your head!

Zach Bellissimo said...

Holy crap its your bday?!?! Wish I knew before hand, I woulda drawn ya something! I feel like an ass now.
Well hope ya have a good one, man! Happy Birthday!

Nico said...

Ben- I'm so happy those phone calls weren't too bothersome, haha! It was 3am for you, after all. I'll learn my lesson someday!

Darby- Thanks!

Tara! I can't recommend this Coraline toy 3-pack enough. Definitely get it! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your happy wishes!

Molly- ANYthing is possible, with large amounts of alcohol on your side!!

Shawn- Meeting Gary last night, even if it was only brief, was definitely one of the most magical experiences of my life. He is a man among men! And a personal hero of mine since I was a little kid, to boot. I'm glad we were together for it!

Jess- Everyone's gifts, emails, text messages and phone calls have been overwhelming today. I had no idea people cared about me so much. Shoot, I'm gonna cry. Thanks everyone!! ;_;

Sun- Thanks! I feel extremely lucky to have the friends I have.

Katie- Awww, just the fact that you got me ANYthing makes my entire day! Don't worry, I'll take it!! Or we can figure something else out. I'll see you this weekend, ok??

Niki- Good, exhausting fun. The post is gonna get longer! I'm updating it as the week progresses.

Zach!!! No worries, dude! We are pals, and that's good enough fer me! However if you would like to send me a purposely crudely-drawn stick man version of myself (complete with buck teeth and floating stink lines), I have no particular objections.

Tim said...

Happy Birthday, Nico. That Ren mask is freaky.

Kali Fontecchio said...

We had so much fun today- and we're still not done!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3

Nico said...

Tim- Thanks! I'm so cool, I scare myself sometimes.

Kali- You think following you around a Hello Kitty superstore for a whole hour is something I call "fun"?!?!?!?!

....of course it is! :) <3

david gemmill said...

BOOYA BIRTHDAY

THE PARTY IS STILL GOING ON THIS WHOLE WEEK

ITS A CELEBRATION

BAM BIGGITY BOOYA HEYOMGLOLZIZZLEDIZZLEDAMNDIGGYDOO-DOO LOOLOOLAMSICKEEWAM WAM

YEAH!!


YEAH!

YEAHHH

David said...

a little bit too late or way too early:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Or: HAPPY DAY AFTER BIRTHDAY!!

Nico said...

David- YEAH!!!!! This shindig is lastin' ALL week long!!! You coming to Katie's party this weekend, right??

other David- Thanks buddy, haha!

Trevor Thompson said...

I've been away all weekend, but.....


HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NICO!!

- trevor.

Leeann H said...

Happy birthday!! :D LOL, uterus contraction - wait what?

I'm pushing towards the big 2-4 myself in June, so... er... happy familiar age-bearing then!

J.R. Spumkin said...

Happy birthday...FROM THE FUTURE!

Or is it the present? It doesn't matter, 'cuz you got a lot of them! (Drum roll)

Anyways, Happy Birthday, Nico! You sure did have one kickass party! And you've helped me piece together what Jim Smith looks like in real life. Makes me wish I was up there...or 21.

-J. Spumkin

Amir Avni said...

Hey Nico, Here's my contribution to your happy loot!

HenriekeG said...

Happy late late birthday!
Man, these are some of the best gifts ever. I should've drawn you something but since you don't even know me that would've been really creepy. Now I'm commenting anyway, you're blog is really enjoyable! Looking forward to more posts!!

Zach Bellissimo said...

You are very welcome, sir.
One day I will draw a more respective portrait :]

Hryma said...

Well, I'm slow, so a Happy Belated Birthday to you!
Hope your day was swell, sure sounds like it!!

rex said...

Happy Birthday, Nico!

Nico said...

Amir, Zach!!! THANK YOU! Your art added to the post!!

Thanks also to everyone!